There was a fantastic atmosphere for this evenings Tuesday Time Trial on the 10 mile Circuit round Horne Park Golf Club.
For a seemingly rare change, the weather was warm, dry and sunny!
Amongst another packed time sheet of 31 riders, we welcomed some more eager new TT riders in Jiv, Agnes, and James, who set some brilliant benchmarks, going incredibly deep for their first efforts for a great HIIT session!
There were also some new Personal Bests set and some exciting shiney new bikes and aero gear getting their debut Time Trail outings!
It’s also amazing to see Female riders were also well represented with with 7 riders on Tuesday. Domie deserves a special mention as she put in a phenomenal effort, especially having recently overcome Covid. 👏
A big thank you to Chris, Steve and Luke for Time Keeping (and keeping track of a bunch finish), Przemek and Oliver for the brilliant photos and support, Paul and Peter for Marshalling the corners and Paul for holding up the riders at the start! You brilliant guys all make these great evenings possible. 👏
Chris Balkham of OCC came first, with our own Mark Bashford close behind in second. The winning lady was Zoe Burrell of OCC.
Full results are listed here:
|Carolyn Swain||27.25||1904 RT|
Photos courtesy Przemek !
Our Summer Evening Series is held every Tuesday evening from early May to late August.
Please note ALL riders are welcome to EGCC club events. Participants must be 12 years of age or over.
- Event start time: Tuesday August 10th at 7.00pm
- Course details: Horne Course G10/39
- Entry Fee £5 (cash or contactless)
- Meeting point: Horne Golf Club car park on Croydonbarn Lane to signon.
- Postcode RH9 8JP
- Event start/finish line: 400m east of Golf Club car park on Croydonbarn Lane.
- Rear light compulsory
- Come and Try it event – free for first timers
- Helmets compulsory for Under 18s
- Please be aware that there are horse riders on the same roads. Ride considerately, make it known you are approaching and slow down when passing
New riders should familiarise themselves with the course as there is only one course marshall !
Good luck and ride safely !