In light of the current guidance relating to COVID19, we kindly ask that you not turn up to a ride, without getting in contact first as we can only accept limited numbers. Please email EGCCMembership@gmail.com if you’re looking to attend a Club ride
Guidelines for all riders:
- Participants must not attend a ride or session if they have Covid-19 symptoms, have someone in their household who does and are in the extremely vulnerable category or if they have been asked to remain at home by the UK Government track and trace system. Stay local, cycle to your activity where possible and avoid public transport if you can.
- Please do not turn up early or late for your allocated ride so as to avoid more than the maximum allowable number to congregate.
- Participants must practice good respiratory hygiene during the activity.
- Ensure all those involved maintain social distancing at least 1 meter.
The meeting point for all Club rides is in front of the Atrium Cinema on King Street.
On Saturdays there are two Club rides
- The steady group meets at 08:45 to set off by 08:55. The average pace of these is about 12mph and the typical distance covered is between 25-40 miles. The rides are led by an experienced member of the club and aimed at novice or inexperienced riders looking for shorter rides.
- The regular group meets at 9:00 to set off at 9:15, averages 15-16mph and covers 40-60 miles.
Sunday Club runs meets at 9:00 to set off at 9:15, average 16-18mph and cover 40-60 miles.
The group always reforms at the top of hills to ensure no one is dropped and there may also be times, where possible, that the group is split based on ability.
A cafe stop of around half an hour for a rest and refreshments is a feature of all Club runs and we therefore advise you to bring some method of payment should you wish to refuel.
Riders are advised to bring a spare inner tube, pump and tyre levers and perhaps a multi-tool. In the event of a ‘mechanical’ the group will stop and help if required.
Sensible clothing is advised and is a matter of common sense depending on the weather and road conditions. It is also more pleasant for everyone if your bike is fitted with mudguards on wetter days.
The rides are open to anybody with a road bike (not a mountain bike)
Participants must be 12 years of age or over and an adult must accompany riders under 16 unless you have a prior arrangement with a club member who is riding.
Club runs will generally be cancelled when ice is a hazard on grounds of safety.